The Rawlins Family has a long tradition of
servicing business in Southern California. Rawlins Brothers Steel, founded in 1934 by brothers Edward Rawlins, Sr. and George Rawlins, originated in a 1,200 square foot building at Randolph and Alameda Streets in Los Angeles.
After WWII, Edward Rawlins, Jr. and his brother Rea Rawlins joined the family business. As the business grew to occupy almost one entire city block, so did the need for a weigh station in the area. In 1965, Edward Rawlins, Jr. established Rawlins Public Scales, owning and operating two weigh stations on either side of Rawlins Brothers Steel. With Edward Rawlins, Jr.’s passing in 2002, his son, Brad, acquired Rawlins Public Scales and the tradition of providing timely, accurate and reliable weight certificates continues.